Doubletime - Garnerstyle

Doubletime

Plus size fashion, plus size tweed jacket, Lane Bryant
Some of you saw me post this look via my instagram.  I was trying it on in the dressing room and actually ended up purchasing it. This is my first head to toe LB ensemble that I've worn or purchased in years.  They are doing some cool things over there, so kudos to them. I can tell you that I miss the feeling of being able to actually go in and try on clothes before I buy.  Also, I have a couple things going on this week.  I'll will announce an Instagram MAC make-up giveaway sometime in the AM.  You will be able to see the details here.  Also, I'll be doing a live interview via the Lori & Cher show on Tuesday via Youtube.  You can see the details here. If you have questions, you will be able to ask them during the segment.  Hope to see you there. 

Style Notes:  I totally rigged the length on this skirt. I really liked it, but it was just too short.  I actually bought two of them, one is a 22/24 and one in an 18/20.  I put the bigger size underneath so that I could add some length.  I bought the items at 50% off, so the skirts were only $25 a piece.  I thought about taking them both to the seamstress, but I liked this option better.  Also, you should probably size up in the jacket.  It runs a bit snug.  Mine is in an 18/20. 
Plus size fashion, plus size tweed jacket, Lane Bryant

Plus size fashion, plus size tweed jacket, Lane Bryant
Jacket - Lane Bryant, Top - Lane Bryant, Skirt - Lane Bryant - Bryant, Pin - c/o of Carolee
Photography Credit:  Lydia Hudgens


14 comments

  1. You look beautiful as always! Love the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Gorgeous... 👏👏👏 I'm oh so loving the jacket...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually bought a dress from Lane Bryant for the first time ever. Normally I just buy bras and panties from there. I had a couple of coupons and got this dress for $30: http://www.lanebryant.com/linen-maxi-dress-with-chiffon-hem/p203729/index.pro.
    Now I see they have it in yellow and I kinda want that color instead/in addition to the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so clever, I never would have thought to do that with the skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of wearing two skirts to add length. And that jacket is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit and colors

    www.jayla31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that's so smart that you used two skirts. I'm really tall and have that problem a lot. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always excited to see a new post! You are innovative but practical. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once I saw your post I flew out to LB with my 50% off coupon in hand. Can't thank you enough. Got everything for $38.00 (jacket & skirt). At $38.00 even if it's wrong, IT'S RIGHT!! Wearing to work on Monday..

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a totally RAD idea!! I would never have thought to layer the two skirts! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you did with the skirt. Very cool. I have had the same problem (trying to work with skirts that are too short) and have never thought of putting two skirts together! Right on! www.allisonmmcintyre.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just fell in love with that jacket :)

    ReplyDelete